Wednesday, July 28, 2010

An Interview with Allison Kapner

Today's Feature is a wonderful woman named Allison Kapner and boy, she is SO creative and even eco-friendly! She hand sews wonderful items and comes up with some new and hip ideas using recycled/upcycled fabrics! Take a look at her interview!


1. What is the name of your business?
Allison Kapner Originals

2. What has been your inspiration behind your business and/or products?
Seeing potential in items that other people have found no longer useful.

3. How long have you been doing your art/craft? I have sewing and quilting for 10 years, but the past 3 years I have spent focusing on creating my items for others.

4. What is your most favorite piece of art/craft that you constructed?

A suede purse that I made from a suede skirt that I had that I haven't fit in since high school.

5. What is something that keeps you going forward with your art/crafts?
The ability to come up with new ideas, or work with new materials seems endless. The ideas seem to always be out there, it just might take me awhile to turn the idea into a project.

6. What are your hopes and dreams for your business in 2010?
That I'll get more collaborative projects with customers, and that I'll have more ideas to share with people through my blog - The Sewing Lawyer: http://kappysews.wordpress.com/

7. If you can learn another craft, what craft would you like to learn?

I would love to learn how to create my own fabric designs.

8. What would you like to tell other artists/crafters who are just starting out their business?

Make what you love, not what you think others might like. Have a passion for what you do, and make sure it is enjoyable (even though it might be a lot of work).

Check out Allison Kapner's Facebook page below!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lake-Worth-FL/Allison-Kapner-Originals/348972263960?ref=ts&__a=8&ajaxpipe=1

Allison Kapner's etsy shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/kappy6

No comments: