This person I chose to interview is Veezie of the "Dirty Peaches Clothing Co." I met Veezie at a craft fair and she is a great inspiration to keep on recycling and sewing! Read more up on Veezie and what she does!
1. What is the name of your business?
the dirty peaches clothing, co.
2. What has been your inspiration behind your business and/or products?
at first it was just to sew, deconstruct, sew. but now its to (a) make really beautiful clothing from 100% recycled material (b) help mamas stay at home with their children and (c) save the world and make everyone in it pretty. :)
3. How long have you been doing your art/craft?
i graduated fashion school in 2002. i officially started dirty peaches in 2004 (as pretty in punk, and changed the name later), and only really started the ball rolling when my partners, heather & may joined up with me this year. BUT i've been making my own clothing and jewelry from "garbage" since forever. i was a poor kid.
4. What is your most favorite piece of art/craft that you constructed?
my fav thing is always the last thing.
5. What is something that keeps you going forward with your art/crafts?
money. lmao. no, jk. i like the idea that if i can make fashion this way, then other people can do this, and maybe, just maybe, one cute dress at a time, we can somehow change the way we make fashion.
6. What are your hopes and dreams for your business in 2010?
to just keep truckin' through. we are just barely making it and i hope that with all the hard work we've been putting in it'll pay off soon.
7. If you can learn another craft, what craft would you like to learn?
metal working. welding... but christian says that you can never have a ct scan once you're a welder because of the metal bits in your eyeballs.... so we'll see how that goes........
8. What would you like to tell other artists/crafters who are just starting out their business?
no matter what happens, keep truckin' and keep having fun with what you do. it will show. and that will be the winning ticket. the pieces we make that are just... made, don't sell. but the stuff we make that we are just in love with making every step of the way are always the first to go. its cheesy, but there's something to be said about making your items with love. its what kept crafting alive for the last billion years (or however long its been. lol).
Be sure to check out The Dirty Peaches Clothing Co. HERE! and catch up on their latest fairs and items!