Tuesday, July 20, 2010

An Interview with The Hemp Butterfly

After doing some craft fairs and meeting other amazing crafters/artists, I had a few questions for each of them. Below are some questions for Jennifer Robison of "The Hemp Butterfly".




1. What is the name of your business?
The Hemp Butterfly

2. What has been your inspiration behind your business and/or products?

I grew up in the very beautiful island of Puerto Rico. I try to bring the colors of the rain forest, beaches and the skies of my childhood to life.

3. How long have you been doing your art/craft?

I have been knotting away since 1993. A very good friend gifted me a necklace and I was in love.
4. What is your most favorite piece of art/craft that you constructed?

I love my Vee Cuffs. They are full of intense color which is so me.


5. What is something that keeps you going forward with your art/crafts?

I do this for my children. I do this so I can show them that if you have a dream you aim for it and work very hard to get it. You never give up. If you don't know how to do something you look it up and you try and try until you succeed. I'm not in it for the money to me the greatest satisfaction is to see someones face light up when they find that perfect piece.

6. What are your hopes and dreams for your business in 2010?

2010 has been a great year so far. I plan to be involved in some local fashion magazine fashion spreads, I also have a few very exciting events I am taking part in as well. I have some charity events coming up as well that I am a part of. You must give back to the community that has supported you for so long you know.
7. If you can learn another craft, what craft would you like to learn?

I would love to learn how to paint.
8. What would you like to tell other artists/crafters who are just starting out their business?
Don't be afraid to follow your dream. Work very hard at your craft and just don't give up. There are many groups and collectives out there that are willing to help out struggling artists like ourselves. Don't be afraid to reach out to them.

You can find her work on Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ButterflyMoon

3 comments:

The Hemp Butterfly said...

So honored. Thank you :) <3

Pumpkin Pye Boutique said...

you are very welcome! share the blog with friends too! :)

Unknown said...

One of my friends has visited The Hemp Butterfly boutique.And she said that U have a very nice stuff.Well,how to hemp articles using different patterns and techniques?